YouTube is one way to add video to your website - see our YouTube tutorial for more information.
Another popular way is to use Vimeo - this tutorial will guide you through adding a video to your website.
Both of these websites allow you to use their services, so it is easy to embed a video into your website like the example below. They are free to use although Vimeo has premium packaged versions available Vimeo Plus $59.95 per year & Vimeo Pro $199.00 per year.
Once you have recorded your video then follow these steps to upload the video to Vimeo
1) Go to vimeo.com. If you have an account then login else you should ‘sign up’.
NOTE: If you are signing up to Vimeo for the first time then Vimeo will send an email to your email address with a link which you need to click on before you upload any videos.
2) Once you have logged in click on upload a video
3) Then select a video from your computer by clicking on Choose a file to upload...
4) The video will then start to upload. Whilst it is doing this you can enter the details for the video such as the title and description.
5) When the video has uploaded you will see the following message. Click on Go to video.
The video then needs to be converted by Vimeo into the correct format and this may take time to do. The following image shows a likely message you will see.
6) Once the video has been converted you can embed it in to your website. To do this view the video and click on the EMBED option in the top right of the video.
Copy the Embed HTML code and paste this into your website program
Adding the video to your website
To add the video to a School Edit powered website just follow these simple steps:
Go to the page you want the video to be seen on. Edit your web page using the School Edit web editor and click on the source button at the top of the editor page.
Paste the HTML code copied from Vimeo into the main content box.
Your Vimeo video will now be on your website for all to see.